We have two call for entries: a Mixed Media for our All August Elvis exhibit and for F:/Stop North Florida Photography which is a photo competition.
F:/STOP YOUTH: 17 years and younger
F:/Stop Youth Fee is $20. per person up to two photographs
All guidelines for framing, drop-off, and deadlines for the overall F:/Stop North Florida Competition & Exhibition still apply. However, there are no categories within the youth part of the show.
Please note that the duration of F:/Stop Youth is September 2 – 19, with the opening reception coinciding with the opening at Panama City Center for the Arts (Sept. 9), but the closing day is earlier, so photograph pick-up will be September 20 at The Light Room.
The Light Room is located just several doors down from Panama City Center for the Arts. The Light Room, 306 Harrison Ave. Historic Downtown Panama City, FL. Please visit http://www.thelightroompc.com for more information. Payment is to The Light Room
INFORMATION ABOUT THE YOUTH ARTIST FORM:
F:/STOP NORTH FLORIDA 18 and up photo competition and exhibition
JUDGE Joe Boris, Atlanta, GA
ENTRY FEE Each artist is allowed to enter up to three (3) different works for this competition. The entry fee is $25 per artist for current Panama City Center for the Arts member and $35 for non-members.
August 26 – 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Hand carried photos will be received.
August 19 – 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Shipped works are due
Opening Reception Sat., September 9, 2017 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm Awards Ceremony at 7:30
October 4, 2017 – 5:00 pm Last Day of Show
November 4, 2017 – 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Last day of Art Pickup*
* One month and one day after ending day of October 4, 2017 all LEAVE BEHIND ARTWORK will then be a donation to the Panama City Center for the Arts. There will be no storage fee charges, only the works left behind become the property of the Panama City Center for the Arts.
CATEGORIES AND AWARDS
Best of Show - $200. Cash Prize and a solo show held in the Miller Gallery within two years. The Best of Show $200. cash prize is sponsored by Panhandle Educators Federal Credit Union
1st Place - $50 in each category
2nd Place - $25 in each category
People Category sponsored by Vinny and Bay Coffee
Animals-Insects Category sponsored by The Ghetto Palace
Architecture Category sponsored by BuildCo
Abstract Category sponsored by Gallery 721
Landscape Category sponsored by Planted True
Flora Category sponsored by The Gayle & Brian Foundation
Altered-Images** Category sponsored by The Maddie Hatter
**Altered-Images heavily digitally enhanced, composites, alternative processes
We would like to thank the Casa Loma Hotel on Panama City Beach, Florida for sponsoring the accommodations for our out of town judge.
SALES AND COMMISSION Sales will be encouraged. All entries must be valued, even if marked NFS (not for sale). The Panama City Center for the Arts retains a commission of 30% from members and 50% from non-members for all works sold. The price listed on the entry must include this commission so please price your work accordingly.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE ARTIST F:/STOP FORM:
Are you a Panama City Center for the Arts member?
_____YES _____NO You can become a member online.
MEDIA & SPECIFICATIONS
1. The F:/Stop North Florida Photography Competition and Exhibition includes all types of photography, including color, black and white, film and digital. All entries must be the original work of the photographer not more than 2 years old and not previously or presently exhibited at the Panama City Center for the Arts
2. The framed size of the images must be no larger than 72” wide. Series prints may be mounted within a single frame or may be presented as individual framed or gallery wrapped pieces, but together must stay within the stated maximum framed size, and will be counted as one entry.
3. Works must be submitted in plain black, silver, or white frames. Photos may also be printed on gallery wrapped canvas. ALL works must have standard picture framing wire securely attached to the backside. No clip frames, hook frames will be permitted. We discourage the use of lightweight plastic frames as they disassemble when hung. Ornate framing materials will not be accepted. Entries must be matted using either black or white mats. Entries with unsuitable frames will be disqualified. If you question framing suitability, please contact the Panama City Center for the Arts before the intake date for clarification and/or permission to enter an unusual frame or matting. Entries with improper wiring will be changed if possible by our staff or disqualified, photographer will be notified first. Please remember presentation will be an important factor in the judging process.
4. Hand carried entries will be accepted on August 26 from 10 am to 3 pm. Please complete all paperwork here at the Panama City Center for the Arts or if possible prior to arrival.
5. Any works not meeting the specifications set forth in this prospectus will be rejected. The Panama City Center for the Arts reserves the right to reject any photographs which it deems unsuitable or inappropriate for this competition.
SHIPPING If works must be shipped, use pre-paid sturdy, reusable containers with entry label attached to the back of the artwork. The CONTACT INFORMATION FORM must be signed and included with your package. Pieces should arrive no later than 3 weeks prior to opening date. All shipped entries must include pre-paid return shipping stickers for return mailing at the end of the show. No CODs will be permitted. Artwork will be repacked and returned in the original packing in the same manner as it was received. Improper crating may result in damage and will be returned unopened. No loose packing material (such as Styrofoam “peanuts”) or nailed containers will be accepted. For shipping work, use Plexiglass. Broken pieces or damaged pieces will not be displayed.
LIABILITY We suggest that photographers carry their own insurance. The Panama City Center for the Arts will not be responsible for damage incurred during transit. While in custody of the Center for the Arts, all photography is covered by the Center for the Arts. All reasonable care will be taken with all entries. The Center for the Arts, its officers, employees, director, members, volunteers or anyone connected with the exhibition, will not be responsible for loss or damage however caused. Your entry into this exhibition constitutes agreement with these terms.
PUBLICITY Your entry into this exhibition constitutes permission for the Panama City Center for the Arts to photograph or reproduce any and all works in the exhibit for the purposes of advertising, publicity, social media promotions and/or archival records, without compensation to the artist.
If you have any questions or concerns please call: 850-640-3670 LIKE our Facebook page for F:/Stop North Florida