THE ENTRY FORM IS BELOW. WE ALSO HAVE PRINTED BROCHURES AVAILABLE AT THE ART CENTER AND AT THE DESTINATION PANAMA CITY OFFICE IN ST. ANDREWS.
March 27-31: Submit Art Entries from 10AM–5PM Tuesday - Saturday
April 3, 4, 5: Notification of accepted artwork for 55th Bay Annual
Saturday, April 7: Opening Reception from 6–9PM, Awards Ceremony at 7:30PM
Tuesday, April 10: Exhibit opens to the public
Friday, May 4: Last day to view the 55th Bay Annual Exhibit
Saturday, May 5: Pick up artwork 10AM to 4:30PM
1. The 55th Bay Annual Competition & Exhibition includes all fine art media with the exception of photography*. All works MUST be original, no reproductions, no exceptions. All entries must be produced within the last two years and not previously exhibited at the Center for the Arts.
2. No entries may depict copyrighted images, characters, logos, unless the copyright is owned by the artist. The only exception is if it is a parody, which is allowed under the ‘Fair Use’ policy.
3. AII works must be marked with title, name and dimension of piece and wired for hanging.
4. Maximum size for 2-D works is 72” x 60”. All works over 22” x 30” must be reinforced and braced top to bottom and/or to side.
5. 3-D works must fit through a doorway of 81” in height by 46” in width. No entry can exceed 50 lbs. All 3-D works are required to have a display base. Center for the Arts has a limited number of display bases available, so please reserve them ahead time.
6. Hand carried entries will be received between Tuesday-Saturday, March 27 to March 31, 10AM–5PM. If you need special arrangements, please call in advance 850-640-3670.
7. Works will be juried prior to judging. Artists selected for the show will be notified via phone by April 3, 4, 5. Your phone number is required. Pieces not selected must be picked up by Friday, April 6.
8. Nudes are acceptable. Graphic violence and/or lewd sexual content prohibited.
9. Unframed canvas art work must have the sides painted and not left white. Frames are preferred.
ELIGIBILITY The 55th Bay Annual Exhibition is open to all artists residing in Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Wakulla, Walton or Washington County.
ENTRY FEE Each artist is allowed to enter two (2) different works for this competition. There is a non-refundable entry fee of $30 per piece for current Members and $45 per piece for non-members.
SALES AND COMMISSION Sales will be encouraged. All entries must be valued for insurance, even if marked ‘NFS’ (not for sale) or Donation. Center for the Arts gratefully retains a commission of 40% for all works sold. The price listed on the entry form must include this commission. Center for the Arts will handle all sales. All art will remain on display for the duration of the exhibition April 10 through May 4, 2018 Artist will be compensated approximately one month after the close of the exhibition by Bay Arts Alliance.
LIABILITY We suggest that artists carry their own insurance. The Center for the Arts (Bay Arts Alliance) will not be responsible for damage incurred during transit. While in the custody of the Center, all artwork shall be insured. Center for the Arts, employees, directors, members, volunteers or anyone connected with the exhibiting, will not be responsible for loss or damage, however caused. Submission of artwork to this show indicates acceptance of these conditions.
PUBLICITY Your entry into this exhibition constitutes permission for Center for the Arts to photograph or reproduce any and all works in the exhibit for the purposes of advertising, publicity and/or archival records, without compensation to the artist.